Looky Lou Marine
Adaptable • Strong • Innovative • Attractive• Affordable • Safe • Challenging
Are you a professional working with self-aware animals? There is a lot of discussion in the world about the definition of “self-aware” and which animals are and which are not. Whatever your personal view, one thing is clear; as the world community studies and discusses this definition, more and more animals are being recognized as being self-aware to varying degrees.
All Looky Lou Marines have a single Mirror except the 10” diameter version which has (2) Mirrors; all holes sealed; All Mirrors are sealed; No eyebolt; very fast floatation is standard; For you Marine animal folks, we think we have a way to alter the buoyancy. Call us if you have an interest.
The replaceable mirrors are available in two (2) materials:
- PETG: This is a highly reflective material. In order to protect the PETG mirror, we provide a Polycarbonate cover as a standard feature.
- Polished Stainless Steel: Unbreakable. Available onspecial order. Please call us for pricing.
- Each mirror is recessed into the body for added safety.
- To limit the amount of flex a mirror can “see”, we leave as much of the housing as possible behind the mirror to gain further part strength and reduce mirror flex.
- The mirrors on all Looky Lou product lines are easily replaceable and interchange from one material to another. To simplify ordering of replacement mirrors, we write the material of construction on the back of each mirror.
- Regarding contact with water: We have contacted every manufacturer of mirrored plastic, and every one of them recommends that contact with water be restricted. It doesn’t make any difference whether it is Acrylic or Polycarb; the mirrored backing on all plastic mirrors (no matter the manufacturer) will gradually break down over time when exposed to water. The more water it is exposed to, the faster the degradation. A brief shower from a garden hose every couple of weeks does not produce nearly the same degradation that total immersion does. We have seen noticeable degradation in (4) weeks with total immersion in salt water using our standard “unsealed” mirrors. This is not a mirror quality issue. It merely reflects (pardon the pun!) the current state of plastic mirror manufacturing.
- We do seal the backs of all Looky Lou MARINE mirrors as standard policy to extend their usefulness. While every application is different, it is prudent to restrict water contact, order “sealed” mirrors, or factor occasional replacement mirrors into your budget.
When a man wants to murder a tiger, it’s called sport. When a tiger wants to murder a man, he calls it ferocity. – George Bernard Shaw
Seal looking into yellow LLM: Mystic Aquarium; Mystic, Connecticut
Looky Lou Marine, Heavy Duty, 10" diameter x 4.25"
|Solid and Speckled Colors: $164.97 each||Premium Resins: $166.19 each|
Looky Lou Marine, Heavy Duty, 26" diameter x 4.25"
|Solid and Speckled Colors: $283.15 each||Premium Resins: $293.39 each|